Everton players "scared" to play forwards, says Ronald Koeman

Everton players

Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has released a statement insisting Ronald Koeman has his total support.

Everton supporters have been left frustrated by their team's lack of attacking intent, with Swansea City the only side to have created fewer chances in the Premier League this season.

"We're in a bad moment - but these are early days and Koeman has my total support", billionaire Moshiri told Sky Sports News presenter Jim White.

"Today (Sunday) was the only unexpected loss".

"There is mental and physical fatigue and seven injuries".

Everton are looking to lift spirits after the Apollon draw, which left them bottom of Group E and followed a hard start to the Premier League campaign that has left Koeman under pressure.

"When he figures out the shape and formation which is going to suit the players that he's got best, I think they will really click and get some good results", the 38-year-old added.

More news: Mass shooting suspect's father was on FBI Most Wanted List

After selling Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United, Koeman brought in Wayne Rooney, Davy Klaasen, Keane, Cuco Martina, Jordan Pickford, Sandro Ramirez, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Nikola Vlasic.

The Italian boss, 56, was sacked by Watford at the end of last season and Everton are now interested in his services after Everton's seven points from seven games in the Premier League.

Despite spending almost £150million during the summer, Everton have scored just four Premier League goals this term and have only seven points.

Sunday's home defeat at the hands of Burnley appears to have been what has tipped Everton over the edge and start to make plans to replace Koeman.

They are yet to win in the Europa League group stages as they sit bottom of Group E - losing 3-0 to Atalanta before drawing 2-2 against Cypriot minnows Apollon Limassol.

"It is not nice to get two weeks an worldwide break if you lose".

The mood at Keane's former club, meanwhile, could hardly be more contrasting with Burnley having collected eight points away from Turf Moor already - one more than they managed in the whole of last season.

Related Articles

  • Tropical Storm Nate likely to form from system in Caribbean

    Tropical Storm Nate likely to form from system in Caribbean

    The storm is forecast to emerge into the northwestern Caribbean Sea on Friday and continue strengthening over the Gulf of Mexico. This is not an official forecast, but the models are often used as guidance for creating the projected path for a storm.
    Facebook to hand over Russia-linked ads to Congress on Monday

    Facebook to hand over Russia-linked ads to Congress on Monday

    The company already has given similar material to Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into the Russian meddling. For instance, Facebook in May said it would add 3,000 more content reviewers after a rash of violent videos on its site.
    US Military: We'll Stay in Puerto Rico Until 'All Needs Are Met'

    US Military: We'll Stay in Puerto Rico Until 'All Needs Are Met'

    Virgin Islands continues to improve, he said, noting that the governor is shifting from response to recovery. Airports are closed except for military and relief operations.
  • Honeypreet, Rapist Gurmeet's daughter surrenders in Zirakpur

    Honeypreet, Rapist Gurmeet's daughter surrenders in Zirakpur

    Earlier in the day, Honeypreet , in an interview to a news channel, said she would surrender before a Panchkula court. She was the lead heroine in the films the sect chief directed, produced and acted in between 2013-2017.
    Apple's iPhone 8 Plus is unexpectedly popping open

    Apple's iPhone 8 Plus is unexpectedly popping open

    Also, the Tim Cook-led team bundles a Lightning to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter with the iPhone 7 and 8 models. The first-generation Rockstar adapter is now available on online stores such as Amazon India for Rs.3,850.
    Supreme Court to examine whether Kerala HC can annul marriage

    Supreme Court to examine whether Kerala HC can annul marriage

    It also wondered if a 24-year-old girl can be kept in her father's custody after the HC's order on May 25. This is an appeal by the husband of the girl for the reversal of Kerala High Court's judgement.
  • Late Kurdish leader Talabani sought Iraqi unity as president

    Late Kurdish leader Talabani sought Iraqi unity as president

    One of Talabani's sons, Qubad, is the current deputy prime minister of the autonomous Kurdish region in northern Iraq. The Kurdish leader and former Iraqi President, Jalal Talabani, has died at the age of 83, Iraqi state TV has said.
    Weigh in on changes to NBA All-Star Game

    Weigh in on changes to NBA All-Star Game

    It was not immediately clear when captains would announce their picks for the new All-Star teams. Each All-Star Game coach will lead the team that includes the captain from the same conference.
    Trump says he 'won't fail' with North Korea

    Trump says he 'won't fail' with North Korea

    At the same time, increased sanctions and diplomatic pressure have done little to force North Korea to alter course. Perry's message came the same day as Trump's tweets undermining his own State Department's talks with North Korea .
  • Hadiya case: SC to examine if HC can annul marriage

    Hadiya case: SC to examine if HC can annul marriage

    Shafeen Jahan married Akhila Ashokan in December previous year after she converted to Islam and rechristened herself as Hadiya. In compliance with the orders of the top court, the case was re-registered by the NIA and an investigation was taken up.
    Honeypreet Insan, adopted daughter of Ram Rahim arrested

    Honeypreet Insan, adopted daughter of Ram Rahim arrested

    These comments came after her former husband, Vishwas Gupta alleged that he had caught Ram Rahim having sex with Honeypreet . She divulged that will go to Haryana and Chandigarh High Court, which was directed by the Delhi High Court, days ago.
    Web giants allowed fake news to flow on Las Vegas shooting

    Web giants allowed fake news to flow on Las Vegas shooting

    But the less-than-reliable news circulating in the aftermath of the Las Vegas attack didn't stop with Google. Google did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.